PC-BASIC is a cross-platform emulator for GW-BASIC 3.23, BASICA, PCjr Cartridge BASIC and Tandy-1000 GW-BASIC. It can run ASCII, bytecode and encrypted bytecode files, and supports the Microsoft Binary Format for floating point arithmetic. It includes graphics capabilities and sound output.
14.1030 Oct 2014 08:26
A selection of improvements in release 14.10:
- Support for East Asian DBCS codepages
- Copy paste to clipboard on Windows and Linux
- MDA, Hercules, Olivetti, and monochrome EGA (SCREEN 10) video mode support
- Better sound
- Screen border emulation
- Ability to specify alternative configuration files
- Zipped packages for easy distribution of BASIC applications
- Improved command-line interface, including Windows support
- Support for reading UTF-8 encoded BAS files
- Support for BAS files with Unix newlines
- More better documentation
- Lots of bug fixes.
14.0821 Aug 2014 23:55
This release adds support for Tandy 1000 and PCjr BASIC, including 3-channel sound and noise generation, PLAY syntax.
It also adds CGA display modes and a emulation of composite colorburst artifacts in SCREEN 2, and adapts font handling. Some documentation enhancements were made, and possibly a few bugs fixed.