Orekit aims at providing accurate and efficient low level components for the development of flight dynamics applications. It is designed to be easily used in very different contexts, from quick studies up to critical operations.
As a library, Orekit provides basic elements (orbits, dates, attitude, frames, ...) and various algorithms to handle them (conversions, propagations, pointing, ...).
10.323 Dec 2020 11:56
Version 10.3 is a minor release of Orekit.
Highlights in the 10.3 release are:
* Fix of short period Jacobian calculation in DSST orbit determination
* Fix Kalman issues
* Fix CCSDS ADM issues
* Relativistic clock correction for most of measurements
* Piecewise model for empirical forces
* One-way GNSS Range and Phase measurements
* Support for Laser Ranging data (i.e. both CPF CRD formats)
* Lense-Thirring and De Sitter relativistic effects
* Clock drift for RangeRate measurements
* Support for AGI LeapSecond.dat files
* New interfaces for attitude ephemeris files
* Knocke model for Earth s albedo and infrared
* Possibility to use multiple handlers for one event detector
This version depends on Hipparchus 1.8
9.2.001 Jun 2018 08:16
Version 9.2 is a minor release of Orekit. It introduces several new features and bug fixes.
New features introduced in version 9.2 are Kalman filter for orbit determination, loading of RINEX, ANTEX and SP3 files, on-the-fly decompression of .Z files, code measurements, phase measurements, specific attitude laws (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU) with midnight/noon turns, possibility to use backward propagation in LS orbit determination, support for any ITRF version, attitude overriding in constant thrust maneuvers, filtering mechanism to insert specific decompression or deciphering algorithms during data loading frames for Lagrange L1 and L2 point for any two related celestial bodies.
This version depends on Hipparchus 1.3.
9.1.018 Dec 2017 09:11
Version 9.1 is a minor release of Orekit. It introduces a few new features and bug fixes. New features introduced in version 9.1 are some frames in OEM parser, retrieval of EOP from frames, ground station displacements modelling (both displacements due to tides and displacements due to ocean loading), retrieval of covariance matrix in orbit determination. This version depends on Hipparchus 1.2.
9.0.108 Nov 2017 09:49
The Orekit team has released version 7.2.1, 8.0.1, and 9.0.1 of Orekit to fix a security vulnerability.
Orekit versions 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0, and 9.0 are vulnerable to a XML External Entity (XXE) attack when loading XML format Earth Orientation Parameters (EOP) or Tracking Data Messages (TDM) from an untrusted source, possibly resulting in denial of service or data theft.
The Orekit team recommends that all users update to one of the newly released versions as quickly as possible.
Security fix versions were not released for the 5.x and 6.x series because these versions are considered to be obsolete. If you cannot upgrade from these obsolete version please email the Orekit developers (email@example.com) to discuss creating a security fix release.
A CVE number has been requested.
9.027 Jul 2017 11:54
* Taylor algebra propagation (for high order uncertainties propagation or very fast Monte-Carlo studies)
* multi-satellites orbit determination
* parallel multi-satellites propagation
* parametric accelerations (polynomial and harmonic)
* turn-around measurements
* inter-satellite range measurements
* rigth ascension/declination measurements
* Antenna Phase Center measurements modifiers
* EOP estimation in precise orbit determination
* orbit to attitude coupling in partial derivatives
* parsing of CCSDM Tracking Data Messages
* parsing of university of Bern Astronomical Institute files for Klobuchar coefficients
* ITRF 2014
* preservation of non-Keplerian orbits derivatives
* JB2008 atmosphere model
* NRL MSISE 2000 atmosphere model
* boolean combination of events detectors
* ephemeris writer
* speed improvements when tens of thousands of measurements are used in orbit determination
* Danish translations