The program gst123 is designed to be a more flexible command line player in the spirit of ogg123 and mpg123, based on GStreamer. It plays all file formats supported by GStreamer, so if you have audio/video collections which contain different file formats, like flac, ogg and mp3, you can use gst123 to play all your audio/video files.
0.3.529 Nov 2017 14:11
Support for playing files slower/faster has been added. Status bar updates are now consistently shown right beside the time information. Some minor issues were fixed.
0.3.420 May 2016 16:21
* Option parsing bug for "-@, --list" fixed.
* Avoid annoying redundant tag updates.
* Support video subtitles Ahmed El-Mahmoudy .
* Use A/a keys to set video opacity Ahmed El-Mahmoudy .
* Work around kwin window manager policy "focus stealing prevention".
* Fix image filetype detection bug.
* Fix Issue 14: Use sync bus handler to set window xid.
* Fix Issue 13: In some cases playing videos leads to g_criticals().
* Added "-f, --fullscreen" option to start playback in fullscreen mode.
* Added "--volume" option to set initial playback volume.
* Ignore symlinks when crawling directories.
* Various bugfixes.